Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Early Winter

So this is what fall looked like at our house a couple weeks BEFORE Thanksgiving.  Even by Vermont standards this is an early winter.  The snow made it hard for me to find the bone I buried, but with a little persistence, I found it.






















And here's what it looked like just down the road...

Luigi took us on day trips to Burlington.   While Linda was teaching on Saturdays at UVM, Tom and I walked around campus looking for squirrels. When I found them, I made sure Linda's grad students up on the 4th floor of Lafayette could hear me barking at them.

Although we missed weekend adventuring this fall, we did spend quality time (and money!) with Luigi prepping him for some winter treks. Winterized--check;  snow tires on--check; new house batteries installed--check;  cozy flannel sheets and comforters on the beds-- check;  Christmas lights up inside--check.  Today Linda and I went in & out and in & out and in & out with presents to deliver to Connecticut.

Between the presents, the Vermont beer and cider, and food for Mary & Ash's Christmas Lighting party, there better still be room for me in Luigi.

And since we just happen to drive through Northhampton Mass. the way to Mary's house, there will definitely be a stop at Webs--American's Greatest Yarn Store.  Linda needs to stock up on sock yarn for knitting projects on the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, mysteries?